CLINICAL SET INCLUDES:
(10) Cuffs (2 of each size)
(1) Hand Gauge
WHAT IS BLOOD FLOW RESTRICTION TRAINING (BFR)?
BFR is the act of safely restricting venous blood flow from a working muscle, but allowing arterial blood flow to that working muscle. This is done primarily with low intensity resistance training. Since the ability of that blood to escape is dramatically reduced, metabolic stress and cellular swelling are greatly increased. As a result, increased growth hormone, muscle hypertrophy, and muscle strength occur.
BFR is a game changer in the world of rehab. Before now, it would take weeks, if not months, for post-surgical patients to begin rehab at 70-80% of their 1 rep max. BFR enables the patient to get those same results, but at 30-40% of their 1 rep max. Due to this, the patient can begin rehab much sooner, regain their strength to prevent atrophy, and ultimately get them back to functioning in a fraction of the traditional time.
HOW IS IT PERFORMED?
BFR is done by placing an external apparatus (Smart Cuff) either at the proximal portion of the humerus (between bicep and deltoid) or at the proximal portion of the femur/thigh.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Increase Growth Hormone
- Increase Muscle Hypertrophy
- Increase Muscle Strength
- Increase VO2 Max
- Decrease Post-Surgical Recovery Time
HOW ARE SMART CUFFS DIFFERENT?
- Specifically designed from the ground up for BFR with the TrueTourniquetTM bladder system - A single-chambered bladder system to allow LOP (Limb Occlusion Pressure) measurement for clinical use
- 4inch wide Cuffs for safety - Lower pressures required to achieve LOP
- Doppler comes standard with the Smart Cuffs Clinical Set
- The PressureLockTM Valve System allows reliable tube detachment while maintaining Cuff inflation for freedom of movement and consistent results
- Thick, anti-microbial Neoprene encases the bladder system to provide superior comfort, hygiene, and durability
- Industry-leading Bosch+Sohn IconicaTM 100% German-made palm gauge for the most accurate measurements possible
- Specific inflation metrics for each Cuff size to ensure reliable and consistent results
- Herringbone woven nylon fabric lines the edges for enhanced comfort
- Made in the USA
- FDA Listed Class 1 Pneumatic Tourniquet
- FDA Compliant & ISO 13485 Certified Medical Device Manufacturer
- Affordable for all medical and fitness professionals
SIZING FOR UPPER BODY CUFF:
Measure the circumference of the space between your shoulder and bicep.
SIZING FOR LOWER BODY CUFF:
Measure the circumference of your thigh closest to your hip. If you are borderline on size, always go with the smaller size.