Urban Poling Live Webinar: Active Living for Stroke Rehab
Host: Mandy Shintani, BSc (OT) reg. & Gerontologist
Guest Speaker: physiotherapist, Peter Vavougois who presented at the International Stroke Congress.
Date: October 23 at noon EST (9 am PST)
Learn about an innovative tool to improve the outcomes for clients with strokes for facilitating movement of the affected side, normalizing arm swing, weight-bearing on the affected leg, improving balance and posture. Find out how therapists are using the patented evidence-based ACTIVATOR Poles to facilitate a more normal gait pattern compared to canes and using poles for highly effective bilateral seated, standing and pre-gait exercises. Guest Speaker is physiotherapist, Peter Vavougois who presented at the International Stroke Congress (2018).
- Brief research review – 9 independent studies on the ACTIVATOR Poles
- Presentation from the International Stroke Congress
- Cane use compared to ACTIVATOR Poles
- How to modify the technique for stroke clients
- Videos of innovative seated & standing exercises for improving balance, movement and awareness of the affected side
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.