Urban Poling Live Course - ACTIVATOR
Learn about the dynamic ACTIVATOR Program prescribed as best practice for rehabilitation centers, clinics and community programs across Canada, the UK & Australia to improve outcomes in gait, balance and core strength while inspiring active living.
ACTIVATOR Poles are an evidence-based, patented tool that is revolutionizing rehabilitation. Prescribed extensively in all continuums of health care for therapy and to reduce the use of passive mobility devices such as canes, crutches and walkers.
“They have been instrumental in promoting an upright posture and a functional walking pattern compared to canes and walkers. In my opinion they facilitate rehabilitation and return patients to optimal function faster.”
Dr. Charles G. Fisher MD MHSc FRCSC, Past President of the Canadian Spine Society
Course Participants Will:
- Understand research studies on the ACTIVATOR Poles & 250+ on Nordic walking (PubMed)
- Perform the Activator Technique for better balance and off loading.
- Discover an effective alternative (or in conjunction) to passive devices, such as canes, and to delay/reduce the use of walkers and crutches.
- Understand how to utilize the design of the Activator Poles for improved core strength, improving gait outcomes including speed, stride, reduce gait variability & arm swing
- Enhance their exercise programs using poles to improve upper and lower body movement flow and promote proper posture.
- Understand how to determine the proper technique and adapt seated, standing and pre-gait exercises for specific conditions such as Parkinson’s, Stroke, Geriatric, Aged Care, Pre/Post Hip and Knee Surgery, Cancer Rehab, Spinal Conditions.
- Learn how to inspire clients in wellness & weight management programs and increase intensity for rehab using the Urban Poling/Nordic walking technique.
- Course Bonus: New Be-Balanced Module on innovative & effective exercises programs using tons of new seated and standing exercises to specifically target balance and mobility.
For More Info & A Course Agenda, Click Here!
Safe At Home PT
1290 Blossom Drive, Suite B